Struggling

"I'm looking for conceptual physics third edition." I said. He showed me a couple books but none of them seemed to be right. I decided I'd come back the next day when I was sure of the book I needed.
I came back and showed him a picture of the stupid book I needed. "That's the one that I showed you first..." Tony from the book store said. "Okay now I need your previous book that you're replacing." "what" "the physics book from your last teacher.." "sorry, I didn't know you needed that right now" *tony stares at me like he just expects me to know this stuff, but it turns out I don't live in the book store like he does.
"I need to return a book too." I started unzipping the little front pocket of my backpack. Three minutes later, I'm still trying to unzip the darn thing. Tony just stares at me. "Looks like you need a new backpack." he says, but I don't respond because I'm sick of Tony's crap. Finally I just rip the backpack open and pry out The Joy Luck Club (which was a very good book, by the way) and hand it to him except of course I drop it on the floor before I even get it to him. I laugh. Tony rolls his eyes at me.
If anything he should thank me for making his day a little brighter.
I forgot my student number for some reason (which I needed to check books in and out.) Tony was pleased to hear. He found it online and I got my book and walked towards the door. Megan witnessed all of this with me, she gave me a glance that said are you kidding me, Megan hates it when people treat me like I'm dumb. "Thank you!" I yelled before I left. And do you know what Tony did? He sighed like he was relieved that I was leaving, because he's Tony and he's all that.

Love!
ReplyDelete