Summer Vibes


      THE SUMMER VIBES ARE HERE! And they are killing me. Today I was sitting in my Auto-care class (no, I did not sign up for this class), and everyone was drilling nails into peices of wood (wait what does this have to do with auto-care again?) Luckily there wasn't enough drills (even though there's only 8 of us), so I just sat out on a stool and watched while kids dropped blocks on their feet, tried to drill through the metal table, pretended to drill up their noses, whatever. But anyway, as I was sitting there I had an urge to like, move. Ya know, like get up and do jumping jacks or run around the school, weird huh? Weird because I never want to do jumping jacks or run, my energy consists of sitting down, laying down, falling asleep, daydreaming, eating junk food- normal 15 year old behavior (I hope, because if not then I'm going with the conclusion that I was bred with a sloth), so I ended up going on a 15 minute "bathroom" break.

      I walked around the school, up and down and back again. I passed the big windows. On the first floor I saw the green field with the ghetto kids on the corner, probably smoking pot or whatever they do. On the next floor I saw those big bright green trees that surrounded the back of my school. On the third floor I saw downtown Salt Lake City with it's blue skies, big mountains, tall buildings, and busy people. I wish I was down there, with all those busy people doing business stuff (Instead I was stuck in this freezing school with a creepy janitor following me.) There's no big window on the fourth floor so I just decided to go back and sit in that stupid auto-care chair that makes my butt hurt, and listen to how great my teacher is at fixing cars.

      Usually the thought only 4 more days of school should make anyone giddy, but for me- I'm dreading every last second of of school because 4 DAYS COULD NOT GO BY SLOWER. It's not like my teachers have been "winding down" or whatever, so basically when I took my math test after auto-care, I couldn't think about school or math or how much I wanted a good grade. All I could see were the busy people out the window on the third floor that my teacher placed me in front of.

I got a 46% on that test. And I didn't even care.

      Soon I'll be back to my normal self, my summer self who doesn't stress about homework or sleep and can hang out with friends not just to do homework but to actually do something real. I'll have time to do the stuff I want to do, like paint or read or re-arrange my room or blog. And I can see the world, not from a window where the view of me sitting at a table doing homework reflects onto the green trees and flowers and busy people, but for REAL. I can stay up late and lay out with friends to watch the stars or go to a drive in movie and eat ice cream and popcorn and not get fat because I don't have to sit at a desk all day.

*Sigh.

Summer vibes kill.

Comments

Post a Comment