Things


You know that I-should-be-doing-summer-homework-but-instead-ill-just-blog kind of feeling? Yup well that's kinda where I am right now.

I cleaned my room. Not just the tidy-up kind of clean, but the kind where you basically throw away all the crap in your room that you feel like you can't throw away but really it's all just, for example:

10 wrinkled up papers displaying the time I went to the library with Sigal in 6th grade and tried to print copies of pages from that King Tut book that I needed for a project.
 Sigal and I couldn't line the book onto the copy machine right, so the copies came out looking mostly blank except for that little slice of King Tut's face in the bottom corner.
We couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous we were at trying to copy those pages, so ridiculous that the poor librarian had to give us a lesson on how to properly copy and I eventually ran out of quarters.

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown those away... No, no I'm glad I did.

Sometimes I think I am a hoarder because of all the useless things I keep. So I threw it all -most of it- away. (there are some things you just have to save; I use my big box in the basement for that.) It's strange, the things we individually find important for us to keep.
 Anyone could look through that box in my basement asking me why I kept that blurry picture of my 4th grade friends and I (one friend was half covered by the picture-taker's finger), all dressed up at our schools Halloween carnival. Or that smashed orange bouncy ball that Olivia threw in the road back at Sigal's old house, or that necklace made of ribbon & macaroni that my dad and I made back in activity days. The objects themselves are pointless, but one of my favorite procrastination activities is going back and remembering :)))

Am I a hoarder?! Am I the only one who keeps this stuff? Can anyone relate? What silly things have you kept?

Comments

  1. I have a huge folder under my bed full of papers I don't want to through away...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment