Olivia gets baptized.



 Today was a SOOPER special day because it was Olivia's BAPTISM! We have all been waiting so long for her to get baptized. Olivia started coming to church with me in 7th grade! So we have been waiting about 4 years. We are lucky though, at first she wasn't allowed to get baptized until she was 18, then 16, and then whenever. Sooo she got baptized today, 15. If you had met Olivia before she was baptized, you would have thought that she had been a member of the church her whole life. She came to church every Sunday. She works on personal progress, comes to girls camp and young womens. and has given talks in front of the whole ward just as any youth of the ward would. The whole ward loves Olivia, so you can imagine how big of a day it was for not just Olivia, but everyone.


It was crazy how many people showed up to watch Olivia get baptized. There were 100 people there. Family, friends, seminary teachers, people from the ward, the stake president (and his wife who is in the young women's presidency!) and so many other great people. It was so fabulous. I gave the opening prayer and Megan gave the closing prayer, my mom sang, and Olivia's aunts gave talks that had us all in tears. The baptism was so special. When she was about to go under the water, the room became so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to be apart of this whole thing, it was seriously such an amazing experience.







Afterwards, we all met up at Olivia's dad's house for lunch. I brought my camera, I am getting used to taking pictures of people, although it is still a little awkward sometimes. I just take pictures of people that  I don't know at all and I don't even know if they want me to take pictures of them but I just do it anyway, and when they see me taking pictures they make weird faces! hahaha. For example:


 It was a lot of fun. I met lots of new people and ate lots of good food. The decorations were so cute, and all in all everything worked out better than expected.





----------------



 -----------

Olivia wanted to go to the temple and take pictures afterwards. Megan, Keili (Olivia's cousin), and I all went to the temple and took pictures. Olivia has always had this light about her, but since shes gotten baptized- the light has grown. Its like just being around her makes me feel better, she is literally a new person, and I am so lucky to be her friend.








Olivia, I am so proud of you and your choice to be a part of this gospel. I know that you will find so much happiness and peace in you life from it. You light up my world and I love you.

Comments

Post a Comment