Professional Driving

DRIVING

     My eyes are on the car ahead of me. Although I am terrified, I am having so much fun. Teenagers must be so annoying to teach how to drive. My mom said that all my siblings asked her and asked her to take them driving everyday when they had their permits. My parents hate taking me driving. They tell me it's terrifying and I say "No it's not! I am the best driver- that was a good drive. I am already almost professional." and they always respond with "At least we're alive.", "well you haven't hit anything yet"or,"Don't get too overconfident". I think I have driven for about 5 or 6 hours in all by now. 5 out of 40. As Olivia and I were walking up the steep, hot hill with out homework filled backpacks that made our backs sweat, we were discussing how nice it will be when we can drive home in an air conditioned car.

      Yesterday my weirdo Drivers Ed teacher (Mr. Talk), Olivia, and I all went for an instructed drive after school. I drove first because I had gotten my permit last. Talk led me downtown, onto the crazy roads. I went through like 900 intersections (unprepared but obviously I'm still on this earth unharmed). A strange man laughed at me and my drivers ed teacher reached over and honked at people because it "was fun". I almost hit a squirrel. Murder, or "dinner" as Talk likes to call it. Olivia drove too, she is a good driver. Talk took the wheel once when she was driving and steered her onto an island right in front of a cop. "If he pulls you over, I'll tell him you only had a little bit of alcohol."

He said I did good, but I needed to not use the break as much. He also said next time we do a drive, he's taking me on the freeway. I've never been on the freeway and I don't want to start. I got a round of applause from my class today because Talk and I "made it out alive". See?! I can do this!

Comments