Sidetracked and Taken Back
Getting sidetracked is what I'm best at. This is why whenever I clean my room, it takes me a few hours because I find, for example, an old journal of mine. And then I have to read through it. And laugh. And cry. This happens to be exactly what happened to me today, and I wanted to share some stories I wrote as an awkward 12 year old girl at Clayton Middle School.
Story #1
One time we were out at recess and these boys were playing basketball. My friend had been playing on a basketball team for a while, so she's pretty good and I just have a good aim I guess. But anyway these boys were playing basketball and we were walking past. They weren't making any shots, so we wanted to join in and the first thing they said to us was,
"You know you're gonna lose, you're a girl."
And we beat them.
#2
Today I feel sick because in PE we are playing 4-square and I'm on a team of goths who were talking about scarring stuff and swearing all the time. Today this kid was talking about how he and some friends were smoking pot at his house and his parents were okay with it. And now I have thoughts going through my head like, I wonder if he knows that he's probably going to end up as a hobo when he grows up. As I am writing this, the girl sitting across from me is all like "My ring smells like weed". I pray that they can't read this. What is this world coming to?! An end. That's for sure.
#3
Justin Bieber is ugly.
#4
My room is really, ok not really, but it's small. I have my twin bed in the corner by the window. On the other side of the window is my dresser. Above the dresser is a huge spider web that I just noticed the other day, and now I'm like, scared to sleep at night. By the bottom of my bed is what I call my hair station, there is a small mirror and a little stand with all of my hair stuff in it. Across that, is a desk. The desk is old and has writing that I wrote all over it from the past years. I usually don't use my desk, I just pile all my clothes on it. Right now it has a pile of clothes I forgot I had, and an empty Cheeto bag.



Comments
Post a Comment